Tips for Traders on Preparing 2020 Tax Returns
February 23 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Optimize your strategy for handling taxes as a trader:
- There are new and revised 2020 tax forms and tax preparation strategies based on implementing the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and the 2020 CARES Act.
- Learn how traders, eligible for trader tax status (TTS), maximize business, home office, and startup expenses using critical tax-reporting strategies.
- Don’t solely rely on broker 1099-Bs: There might be opportunities to switch to lower 60/40 capital gains rates in Section 1256, use Section 475 ordinary loss treatment if elected on time, and report wash sale losses differently.
- Make vital 2021 tax elections on time.
- Learn common errors on 2020 tax returns for TTS traders, which can lead to an IRS or state exam.
- Learn tips for filing extensions and paying taxes due April 15, 2021.
This live online event is presented by TradeStation and hosted on TradeStation’s affiliate YouCanTrade.com (TS)